THE FIBROMYALGIA GIRL

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

Friday 7 May 2010

Pain, Elections, Blood and more Pain

Well, what a few days it has been. Actually, what a week it has been. I've been trying to deny that I'm more than likely heading back into a flare.

My sleeping has suddenly become erratic again, from sleeping for hours but waking up feeling as if I've not slept, to spending the whole night tossing and turning like I'm on a mission to do 2,000 turns by daylight. The pain has also increased again, in a ridiculous way. The nights have been colder and damp though, so it's hardly a surprise. My head feels like it's got a hive of bees buzzing around in it all the time, clogging my thoughts and not letting my mind relax and shut down.

I've also been getting more pain in my hands, and I know my carpel tunnel is playing up in my right hand, but the general ache and feeling that my fingers just don't want to move, and in turn it is effecting my typing. I'm a fast typist, well over 100 words a minute, but lately that is fraught with mistakes and missing whole words out. The brain is thinking but the hand is missing it, so I'm having to proof read everything to make sure.

OMG and the restless legs. It's been really, really horrible. I've not been able to sit still at all, and it's driving me nuts. It's not just my legs either, in fact, it's worse in my bottom of all places. I feel like there are things crawling all over me, and I can't sit still at all. It's not just an urge to fidget, I feel like I want to jump up and shake myself violently around, but my goodness there is no energy to do that with! I wish it would go away, as I just couldn't enjoy watching anything the last few days, my mind was full of bees and my bottom was full of ants, and my legs were full of caterpillars! Go away!!!!!

I gave blood in the week. Was a pleasant experience actually. The lady who looked after me, actually managed not to bruise me much which is amazing. I've got what looks like a yellow mould mark rather than the red, purple and black I usually come back with, so I am pleased about that. One thing I get a sense of fulfilment from.

And of course we have had the elections. Or maybe we haven't. Since there is such scandal over the 1000's of people who could not vote because of long queues and were turned away, leads one to wonder if the whole thing will be done again since it is such a farce and we are heading for a hung parliament. The joys!

And I've got awareness day to look forward too. Planning is in earnest now. We have the stand, the leaflets, the purple tops, so it's just a case of turn up, and hope for decent weather too! I hope it helps just someone else understand the kind of things we go through.

So here is to love for all your poor voters out there. Be strong.....