THE FIBROMYALGIA GIRL

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

Monday 1 March 2010

Megatron does Fibromyalgia


Well actually he doesn't but I was involved with Megatron this weekend. During our strategic game of transformers my son and I set up our camps. I was to be in the Decepticons and my son was in the Autobots. After setting up my Blue Ikea cushion fortress and he his red cushion fortress, we were ready for battle.

However some dirty tactics were used and Optimus Prime and Bumble bee stole my fortress cushions and left me homeless. In turn they strengthened their fortress by having four Ikea special cushions as the walls and roof of the new camp and a board game of snakes and ladders for the door.

It was going to call for some heavy artillery. Mini Megatron was injured leaving his legless, and my big Megatron and Starscream needed to devise a battle plan. There was only one thing for it. The only thing that could do the job. The Roary the racing car slippers had to be brought out of retirement. The size 8 child size slippers were just the ticket. Big Megatron rode in one whilst mini Megatron and Starscream rode behind.

Our plan was to attack from the top, and blow the roof off. It worked........ Victory was ours!!!

Well, this is the kind of thing you do when you entertain a 4 year old.

Pain was my main agenda item at the weekend. Seems to have upped a gear and I can honestly say I've not felt like that ever. The pain which normally is the worst in my neck, shoulders, back, hips and knees was effecting my arms, my fingers, and even my toes were aching. My hands felt like they were aching from deep within, the joints felt awful and my whole body just felt like it was one big deep ache.

I just wanted it to stop, but it wouldn't. Even walking was hurting, My wrist is slightly swollen too, this is probably from walking too much and using the stick. I hate having to use the car when I don't need it, so having the stick helps me walk further, but causes pain too. You can't win sometimes, it's one of those things. FM does not take prisoners lightly.

However, it is the 1st March and it is take your Fibro duck to work day! I have mine sitting here proud on the my desk. He's being very well behaved I have to say. He's only squeaked once, and that was to use the toilet, so I am very impressed with my new friend. Now I just have to name the little fella.

I think I will ask to be referred to a pain clinic. This is something I can do apparently. I'd try anything a the moment though. I hate FM right now.