THE FIBROMYALGIA GIRL

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

Friday 12 March 2010

Been a mad couple of days!


Wow, the last couple of days have been intense! I had a very long day Wednesday and was completely wiped out. I think my body had hit a massive wall, and decided to try and crash through it.

Sleep has not been on my agenda all week. I often sit here wondering what all this lack of sleep is doing to me. My head feels very fluffy sometimes, and I lay awake some nights in pain but thinking, 'what are all these sleeping people doing'. Well, short answer of course is sleeping, not knowing what has happened in the passing of time from when they went to bed to when they get up.

I, on the other hand, could tell you who was wondering around in their garden at 2am, since I was awake. I should be a night time security guard too, seems I have the time for it in my sleepless world.

My son has not helped things, but I should have sensed his distruptive sleep pattern the last couple of nights was a pre-cursor to him getting a cold. His not sleeping well doesn't necessarily effect my sleeping as I tend to be awake, but having to then get myself out of bed, settle him and then get back off is a whole different thing.

Anyway, a few good things are coming together hopefully. Yesterday my dear hubby went into town and went into the local health shop to ask what natural things could be tried to help make his wife better. He came home with a list of recommended things which as soon as I am can, will go and get. These included, ginger, devil's claw, celery, dandelion root, and vitamins B & C. Sounds good to me!

Then my sister rang to tell me that her partner's mum is into natural remedies and might also be able to help. So I'm on a mission with that and the Aloe drink I am getting to try and see if all of this stuff along with some swimming will help improve my overall health, wellbeing and maybe help with the pain and sleeping.

I can only but try since if I get something out of them, it's a gain for me. If I don't, then I've lost nothing trying have I. Nothing ventured and all that.So I am feeling very lucky at the moment to have a husband who seems to be understand how I am being effected by this. It isn't hard to see if you are with me every day. I eat slower and am usually last to finish a meal, holding my knife is getting a bit strange, like my hand does not want to grip, I do things slower than before, I certainly am not as lively, and you can't not notice these things, so I am glad I have that understanding and support. It means the world to me.

So we head on into the weekend soon, and hopefully some dry weather to enable a trip out to a park somewhere. We had such a nice time last weekend, I don't know where that went. It felt like yesterday that we were there and now it's Friday again.

Right, must get some tea. I can't sit still for more than half an hour today. My hips are throbbing and aching like mad, and it is driving me up the wall, as well as my crunching neck again! Roll on home time!