THE FIBROMYALGIA GIRL

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Angela 1 - Dummy 0


Yesterday, I went for my first aid refresher training. It was 9.30 till 13.00 time span and me and a couple of my colleagues went up. It was actually not a bad session, all be it the room was bloomin freezing cold. Apparently the boiler was broken and the air con which was set to heat, was giving out nothing more than a whisper of luke warm air. Not anyone's fault, and it certainly made sure that the class of eager participants did not fall asleep.

The instructor did say we were welcome to use the training blankets to cover ourselves with. I had this wonderful picture in my head of all these bodies sitting round the table being shown grusome videos of accidents all covered in red blankets with bandages round our heads having practiced them only moments before, then someone walking in the room and thinking 'what the.......'. Well, you can only imagine can't you!

Good though, and we enjoyed it and it was good to realise you had not completely forgotten how to do stuff. My fibro was behaving itself in the morning. I think dosing up was definitely the right thing to do, and I seemed to be distracted by the learning and the fact that I was cold, and the cold was hurting more than the pain was.

Either way, we left intact with our free pack of plasters and our names still stuck on our jumpers (and coats, and blankets and duvets haha!), and headed back. We must have looked like we had just come out from some support group meeting for people who can't remember who they are with their names on their clothes.

I could see us walking down the street having someone says 'Hi Angela' and me thinking 'Wow, how do they know my name'. Then having the 'doh' moment afterwards as I realise my face is now the colour of beetroot and I have now forgotten who I am and where I was going.

Once I had defrosed however, the pain was a different story. My neck decided to play merry hell with me. I hate that, it just picks a moment then shoots these pains through me making me feel like I've been handed a big rock to carry around.

Could have been worse though, so thankful for small mercies and I am always eager for bedtime. Not sure why though since I very rarely stay in close contact with my bed anymore. I think I need to take it out to dinner or something, maybe buy it flowers and try and get that relationship back on track.

Anyone know a good restaurant that takes king size beds?