THE FIBROMYALGIA GIRL

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

Friday 26 February 2010

Slllleeeeepppppppppppppp!


Man, I am tired. I don't sleep well, haven't for many many years now.

Some of that over the last 7 years has been child related, having a new born, and also the neighbours from hell haven't helped that one, but mostly it has been pain related.

For me, bedtime is not the nice, wonderful thing that it should be. I go to bed not knowing what my night will be like. Sometimes it takes ages just to find a comfy position, but it never lasts. Chances are I will wake up again about half an hour, sometimes less in pain.

I don't sleep well on my right, it really hurts to stay on this side. My back is painful and sleeping on my back is no fun, I can't sleep on my front because I can't turn my head for long without it being in agony, and so my left tends to get preference to everything else, but I move a lot in bed. I am constantly tossing and turning, and then when I have had so many nights of bad sleep, I might have one night where I am so asleep I react to nothing, and this leaves me sore and stiff for days after.

So, sleep is not fun for me. I can get anywhere from 2-3 hours, and sometimes a bit more on a good night, although this is often broken sleep. I don't sleep very deeply either, so I am constantly tired all the time.

However, as bad as that might sound, and as unhealthy as it is for my body not to have it's regenerative sleep, I still get up and function, you have to don't you?

That and the fact that it could also be a lot worse. This illness won't kill me, or not in the conventional sense, so I am very lucky, and I am a positive and happy person too. I don't feel sorry for myself, I just sometimes wish I could get a break out of the pain and tiredness. Wouldn't that be cool!

For now, I shall go forth and catch a nap under a desk somewhere. Do you think anyone will notice!