THE FIBROMYALGIA GIRL

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

Friday 26 February 2010

Fixing Angela - The Serious Version


These being based away from trying to take too many drugs. Some people can't manage without them and I'm no different on those bad days, but I'm early into coming to terms with fibro and still finding out things about this illness, so on this basis, I reckon anything I can try, I should, and if it don't work, I've lost nothing trying. So we thought of things like:

  • A massage chair - good for relaxing, although I'd have to fight everyone off it to get a go!
  • A bubbling spa mat for the bath to help ease the aches and pains.
  • Looking into herbal remedies just to see if anything can help.
  • A better diet and researching foods that might help over all.
  • Exercise that helps but doe not cause issues, like swimming where it's weight bearing and the warm water can help relax too.
  • A heated tens machine as recommended by Sally, my fibromite friend.
There are heaps of things that can be tried, and it's a just a case of taking one and trying it. I think given that there is still so much to learn about fibro, and one size does not fit all, I am going to try out some things and see what truly works.